The Lao Disabled People’s Association (LDPA) is a membership-based non-profit civil society organization for people with disabilities advocating disability rights and provides services to members based on their needs. We are seeking a Junior Physiotherapist to work closely with children and adults with intellectual and developmental
disabilities. This full-time position is located in Vientiane Capital for a contract of 1 year with possible extension.
- Design work plans according to the project activity plan and follows the procedures.
- Conduct orientation meeting with LDPA Project Steering Committee (PSC), ID Unit to understand the concept of project and activities.
- Oversee and implementation of activities according to the project activities and work plan.
- Closely cooperation with Caritas Australia to ensure that the implementing of project activities are positive effective
- In coordination meetings with and support LDPA ID Unit to arrange workshops and provide convenience for trainers, teachers and parents of children with disabilities.
- Ensure that minutes of meetings are recorded and provided to LDPA Project Steering Committee and workshop participants.
- Provide support, advice and work closely with LDPA ID unit on activities of the project.
- Work closely with LDPA office staffs on administration of the project.
- Manage documentation according to the project filing system. Develop and/or adapt the filing system if required.
- Ensure all activity budgets are submitted to LDPA chief executive officer and LDPA president a minimum of three (3) days before needed.
- Ensure the management and accountability of activity budgets.
- Monitor activity costs of the provisional budget.
- Provide reports on time to Caritas Australia and chief executive officer as per project plan.
- Provide regular updates to Project Team at meetings as per project plan.
- Complete annual project reports in English and Lao.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 3 year degree in administration, related fields or equivalent required
- Prior work experience in project management is a plus
- Experience working with people with disability or people with intellectual is advantageous
- Good computer skills such as: Microsoft Word, Excel, and the Internet
- Fluency in Lao and Thai language is expected. English language is a plus (written and spoken)
- Strong communication and organizational skills; communicate well with children, parents, and caregivers
- Proactive and self motivated with strong morale
Child Protection Policy
All applicants are subject to reference checks and required to provide two references; specific questions pertaining to Child Protection will be addressed. All employees must read and agree to LDPA’s Child Protection Policies and Procedures.
Please apply by providing the following documents: CV, cover letter, proof of residence, certificate of guarantee from village authorities, previous employment certificate of employment/termination, and certificate of criminal records.
(Deadline to Apply: 24 April 2015 at 16:00)
Please send all application documents in person to:
Lao Disabled People’s Association
Phonesavang-Nongtha Road, Unit No. 55
Ban Phonesavang, Chanthabouly District
Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR
For questions, please contact us at: email@example.com or (+856) 21 562 963